- Download NovellClient for Windows NT from http://www.novell.com/download, and install NovellClient to logon the NetWare sever.
- Download the release of ConsoleOne from http://www.novell.com/download, run the ConsoleOne installer to install ConsoleOne 1.3.2 under D:\Novell\ConsoleOne\1.2\bin.
- Download designer.exe from http://www.jinfonet.com/download/novell, execute the installation file and follow the installation wizard step by step to install JReport Designer Bean for Novell under D:\Novell\ConsoleOne\1.2.
- Logon the NetWare server.
Suppose the NetWare server has been started up and you logon Windows NT.
Right click the red N icon in the System Tray and click NetWare Login, or right click Network Neighborhood and click NetWare Login, or select Novell Login from the Start menu.
In either of ways above, you will get the following dialog:
Enter the user name in the Username text box, please note that the user should be the member of the administration group. Then enter the password of this user. Click OK to complete the login.
Notes: 1. If you logon the NetWare server for the first time, you should click the Advanced button, and enter the name of Tree and Context that have been named on the NetWare server. 2. If you have the same name and password as Windows NT, you will logon Windows NT and NetWare at the same time when you start Windows NT.
- Launch Novell ConsoleOne by simply double-clicking the ConsoleOne icon on the desktop.
Click Continue on the cover page, the Report Wizard comes up. You can also get the report wizard by right clicking on the catalog "tutorial" in the ConsoleOne window and select the Properties item. Then in the Properties window, select the Form tab, click on the New button.
- Create a new object. Right click on Context under the TREE node and select New | Object.
- Select Report Catalog from the Class list and click OK to create a new catalog.
- In the New Report Catalog dialog, input the catalog name, here we input "tutorial", locate the path to store the file, then check Novell-defined as the data source. Click OK.
- The following dialog appears to allow you to add tables. Select tables from the available list, click Add, then Done.
- You will get into the Properties dialog. Make sure the Forms tab is selected, then click New.
- JReport Designer will be launched up.