What’s the Importance of SaaS Reporting?
As the prevalence of SaaS business models has grown so has the need to provide SaaS application users with the ability to use analytics capabilities traditionally found in on-premises platforms.
Embedding a SaaS reporting solution enables you to integrate reporting, dashboard and analytics capabilities directly into your SaaS application while maintaining a consistent licensing structure. By embedding a SaaS reporting tool, business users can work smarter through better insight into their business data. If you are a product manager, data architect, lead developer or CTO and are working on a project where you need to provide reporting and analytics capabilities for your users then embedded BI might be the right solution. You could develop these reporting capabilities in-house, but that would present challenges if anything more than basic features are required. Read more about this in Buy vs Build: What’s the right reporting choice for you?
SaaS Reporting: Easy to Deploy and Scale
JReport enables you to deploy a flexible, embeddable analytics and reporting solution into your SaaS application. JReport Server can be deployed inside or out of your network, in the public, private, or hybrid cloud or on-premises allowing you unlimited flexibility in how you physically deploy the SaaS reporting component of your SaaS application. JReport supports multi-tenancy and single sign-on to allow you to match the security infrastructure of your existing application. Your users will only see the data they’re allowed to. Different functional elements of JReport can also be controlled in the security layer, allowing you to enable or disenable key features. This allows you to offer the added functionality JReport provides in a number of ways. For example, you can offer basic reporting functionalities, and then dashboards or ad hoc reporting as add-ons. This flexible approach is ideal for SaaS offerings looking for more flexibility in their pricing structures. Here are some additional benefits of adding reporting to your SaaS solution:
- Cost of Ownership- Embedded SaaS reporting solutions often offer customized licensing that fits your licensing structure, and on top of this, the total cost of ownership over time is less than developing the same features yourself.
- Deploy Rapidly- JReport offers a bring your own license or BYOL instance on AWS EC2 meaning you can spin up or spin down an instance of JReport in minutes making it easy to get started.
- Scale with Ease- JReport offers scalable architecture allowing you to meet growing demands with ease. It’s clustered environment also allows for failover protection.
JReport: A Complete Embeddable BI Solution
JReport is a Java reporting solution that delivers highly customizable business intelligence. With its pure Java architecture, JReport seamlessly embeds into any application and enables you to differentiate your products by integrating highly sophisticated reporting, dashboard, and analytics capabilities into your products and services.
OEM: OEMs and ISVs embed JReport’s reporting solution into their host applications as product offerings to their customers. Since JReport can be white-labeled and fully customizable to your product’s look and feel, users get a cohesive experience.
SaaS: Customers embed JReport into their SaaS products and offer it as a reporting service to their internal or external users. For external users, this is typically offered as a paid subscription. JReport’s multi-tenant architecture allows it to be adapted to any SaaS framework. These applications are hosted on a public, private, or hybrid cloud.
JReport’s advanced clustering technology allows you to scale with ease in either cloud or on-premises clusters giving you the ability to meet peak demand times without fear of performance loss. Fail-over technology also allows you to ensure high availability for your application’s reporting capabilities. For either OEM or SaaS deployment categories, JReport’s flexible licensing can work with every customer’s unique licensing models.
See How You Can Embed JReport into Any Application
Why Embed JReport into your SaaS Application?
- Seamless Integration into Your Application: JReport’s front-end UI can be completely customized to match your application’s look and feel. Moreover, you can “White Label” JReport, so your users will get a seamless experience.
- Access to Heterogeneous Data Sources: You can connect to various data sources for data analysis and reporting. JReport can connect to cloud data sources (e.g., Amazon Redshift), big data sources (e.g., MongoDB, Hadoop, Cloudera, etc.) and any relational database.
- Single Sign-on: JReport offers all the administrative features that the enterprise products demand, such as single sign-on. Your users only need to login once to access your applications together with JReport.
- APIs: JReport has an extensive API set that your application can call. All JReport features can be accessed through this API set.
- Ad Hoc Reporting: Anyone can build reports and dashboards without special training or IT involvement. JReport makes it easy by providing interactive charts, controls, widgets and other visualization components.
- Ad Hoc Analysis (Visual Analysis): Users can perform instant data exploration through different angles to their data view. Read more about advanced ad hoc analysis.
- An Industry Leading Solution: Analysts have ranked JReport as both a Value Leader and an Expert among embedded BI vendors.
- Flexible database connections: JReport supports a wide variety of data sources including traditional SQL relational databases, flat files, cloud storage such as Amazon Redshift and Microsoft Azure Data Warehouse, as well as Big Data sources, and user-definedd data sources.
- Save Time, Money, and Effort: When compared to building and maintaining something from scratch, embedding a third party solution allows you to quickly implement analytics into your application saving you time, money, and effort in the short term and long term as your analytics needs grow.
- Standout against Your Competition: Adding advanced analytics to your application can make you stand out against competitors who may only have basic reporting capabilities. Coupled with the development time saving you have when compared to building and maintaining something yourself and you can create a solid competitive advantage in your market.
- Flexible Licensing Options: JReport offers a variety of licensing structures meant to fit your business needs.
Customer Examples: Screenshots of JReport embedded into Visa and Passkey product applications.
Download and try the fully functioning version of JReport today and start experiencing the benefits of data visualization firsthand.
“Easy to embed in any software, empower business users.” -Informatica
JReport Product Demo
Watch the JReport product demo, then download and try the fully functioning version of JReport today.
See how over 10,000 users are using JReport.