What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage is a model of data storage that allows for data to be stored, shared, and hosted on the internet rather than a hard drive. Cloud storage is maintained, operated and managed by a cloud service provider or servers using virtualization. These cloud service providers use multiple physical servers, often in remote locations, to store data and manage them to ensure the physical environment is up and running so their users can access their data at any time. These Cloud architecture is based on a virtualized infrastructure with properties such as scalability and multi-tenancy.
3 Types of cloud deployment models
There are three main types of cloud deployment models and each model offers its own host of benefits. Considering any option is a matter of your business requirements.
- Private Cloud Storage: A private cloud is dedicated to a single business or user and offers complete administrative control for whatever your needs may be. Private clouds are hosted either on-premise or externally hosted.
- Public Cloud Storage: Public clouds require little administrative control and can be used by anyone you authorize. They offer less maintenance than private clouds but less control over many of its aspects.
- Hybrid Cloud Storage: This offer both private and public cloud aspects meaning you can dedicate essential data to private clouds and less important data to public storages. It offers great customizability to match your business needs.
4 Benefits of cloud storage
Cloud storage offers a modern architecture that is in line with business data needs. Many of its design aspects allow for large volumes of data to be stored and protected with a distributed architecture.
- File accessibility anytime, anywhere. You can access a cloud storage at any time as long as you have an internet connection.
- Backup your data with a low cost solution and reduce costs related to failures. Cloud storage allows for data replication or off-site backups that will allow you to have full accessibility to your data.
- Highly scalable architecture. Whatever your size of data, there is a storage size for you with cloud storage.
- Flexible control over your data storage. With the variety of cloud models available, cloud storage offers multi-tenancy which provides you great administrative control over users.
- Cloud storage is a model of data storage that allows for data to be storage, sharing, and hosting through the internet.
- There are three main types of cloud deployment models: private, public, and hybrid.
- Cloud analytics is a model for business intelligence that is provided through cloud in which users access analytics through a web browser.