Focus on Developing your Core Competencies
As mentioned, one of the main downsides of building your application’s reporting from scratch is the time and energy investment involved. Not only can you spend multiple development cycles getting the bare essential functionalities into your application, but once you do you still have to spend energy and resources updating and maintaining it. All of this takes time away from developing the core capabilities your users care about most. Embedding a third party solution not only saves you development resources through an initial implementation but continually saves energy down the road as your user’s needs grow to allow you to focus on the features that make up your application’s main value proposition.
Creating a Competitive Advantage
Future Proof with Scalable Architecture
As your product grows supporting the depth and breadth of your user’s reporting needs can become more and more difficult. It can be difficult enough to build out a reporting engine, but building one that can scale up and down without little to no BI expertise can be a daunting task. With JReport’s fully scalable architecture allows you to scale as your user’s reporting needs grow.
- Self-Service Analytics-JReport allows you to empower your users with a full suite of self-service features. Non-technical users can create, edit, and share their own reports, dashboards, and visualizations with ease.
- In-Context Data Discovery-JReport’s Visual Analysis allows your end users to do quick data discovery and analysis with simple drag-and-drop actions.
- Advanced Visualizations-Empower your users with advanced visualization capabilities. JReport supports mapping charts, compound crosstabs, combination charts, as well as external widgets and a variety of other visualization types so you can find the perfect one to properly display your data.
- Interactive Visualizations for Deeper Insights-All of JReport’s visualizations also support different types of interactivity such as drill-down, drill-up, drill-through, filtering, sorting, and more.
- Seamless, Deep Integration-JReport’s extensive APIs allow you to integrate JReport deeply into your application for a more cohesive user experience.
- Speedy Deployment- You can deploy on-site or in the cloud with ease. Spinning up an instance of JReport in AWS for example takes only minutes. JReport’s embeddablity also means that you can implement quicker than building a BI suite yourself.
- Match your Application’s Security- JReport’s advanced security control and single sign-on support means that you can match your application’s security quickly and easily so your users only see the data they’re supposed to.
- Administrative Management- JReport has many different administrative features built in that you can enable for both your development team as well as individual organization’s administrators.
- Scale with Ease- As mentioned, JReport has an architecture built to scale, with cluster-node architecture that is designed to have zero points of failure.
- Embedding JReport allows your development team to spend more time focusing on your customers needs and less time on BI.